Monday, April 12, 2010

Thrifty Deals

I got some new thrifty deals:


This basket was $2.99 at Goodwill. It is super sturdy and will be perfect to carry things out to the new patio (when it is done).



This frame I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $2.90. It was regularly $29.90. It opens , but the glass is missing. It is a bulletin board of sorts, for photos. You use pearl headed pins to post the photos. I am going to paint it black and use it in my newly redone bedroom (it is half done - reveal to come in the next few weeks).

I had never heard of Hobby Lobby until entering Blog-land. All the blog-ladies kept showing all the cool, cheap things they got there, so I looked them up on the Web. There is not one in the Twin Cities, why, I have no idea. But, there is one in rural MN, so my girlfriend and I went on a road trip. I bought some very cool things there, some on clearance, some not. Some for my new bedroom, some not. You will see them in posts to come.




This last item I got at Goodwill for $3. I haven't decided what color to paint it, black or white. I haven't decided where to hang it, kitchen or bedroom. I think I'll wait until my bedroom is complete before deciding.


I'm linking to Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality

8 comments:

  1. What wonderful finds!! Yes, I just love Hobby Lobby. Right now the closest one to me is in Phoenix, 120 miles away. Once we move this summer, there is 2 within 25 minutes of me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful find. I had never heard of Hobby Lobby either and still have never seen one! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Hope you will come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome deals...luv that GW basket...very handy!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last goodwill find pictured. How interesting a design. Although I would paint the frame white. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the pink frame case Wendy! Anything like those old ribbon and certificate cases they have in schools charms me. Fun color!


    Thanks for stopping by.....delighted to meet you!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, you did good. I saw this week that someone is doing a giveaway with that basket!! can't remember where or I'd share it. Happy hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog! So nice to meet you! I am so glad you found Hobby Lobby!!!!! Wow, I can't imagine my life without my regular visits to that fantastic store...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you have a knack for finding treasures!
    Thanks for visiting. I'm featuring some creative bloggers today, come by, check them out and show them some love!
    Dena
    Sweet Pickles and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete