Friday, March 5, 2010

More thrifty living room decor

As I said before, when I repainted my living room, I found (wouldn't you know...) I needed some new decor. I am very frugal, I rarely pay full price for anything. I'll show you how cheap I can be.


This dresser came from my husband's family. I just love the color. I changed out the drawer pulls when it became mine. Orange is a new color for me to use in decor, but I'm loving it. It is bright, cheerful and fresh.


This is the fabric of the runner on the dresser. I got it on clearance for $2 at Pier 1. I'm a sucker for anything cream and green, but I really liked the orange in this. I went back a week later and got another one for $1!


I also bought this a Pier 1 on clearance, $3.50. It went so nicely with the runner. I've always wanted an orchid, but was afraid I'd kill it. I think this one almost looks real. I am now a content orchid owner!



I've had this wrought iron candle holder for years. Because of it's heaviness, I use it inside in the winter and put it outside in the garden in the summer. I got it at a thrift store, I know it was under $5.


Aha! Oranges! They were $.50 for a the bag of them on clearance at Hancock Fabrics. Aren't they awesome? I think they look pretty real as well. The wrought iron bowl was on clearance for $7 at the local grocery store in the floral department. I had been coveting this silver one from IKEA for so long, but this one went better with my decor so I won by waiting!

1 comment: