Saturday, March 20, 2010

Needed: Bedroom Redo

When we moved into this house 14 years ago, it was like going back in time. EVERYTHING needed to be redone, it was totally 1965 inside. We're talking harvest gold, avocado green, and burnt orange EVERYWHERE! We decided to do the most lived in areas first. But, our bedroom had the most hideous wallpaper. I just couldn't live through a long Minnesota winter with it. We agreed to do a quick fix and paint over the wallpaper. We didn't touch the trim (it was cream, dirty and old, but it was cream). Slowly, but surely we've redone every room in the house. Alas, not our bedroom.

Our bedroom has become a dumping ground. It was still not the relaxing haven I longed for. Piles of laundry, school projects, kids toys, half done projects, vacuum cleaners, they all lived in our bedroom. Just look (my husband is horrified that I'm posting these pictures)!



So after years of living with a "who did it and ran" bedroom, it is getting a makeover. I'm pretty excited! We're going with a French theme. Blue walls, creamy white trim, and black and white accessories. Last weekend we steamed off 3 layers of wallpaper. Thanks to my friend Diane, and her trusty steamer, it wasn't all that bad. I've already been working on a few other things and shopping, of course! I wanted to show off some of it and build excitement for the reveal:

I'm gluing toile ribbon around the base of the lampshades I already have.


I bought these black tab-topped curtain valances at Target on clearance for $2 each!


I bought some Waverly toile fabric on sale and used No-Sew glue to add a strip to the curtains. Cute, eh?


I read on a few blogs that Big Lots sells curtain rods for $6-8. I haven't been there in years. I went and found these on sale for $5. I was pretty darn happy.


I also bought this black and white poster at Big Lots for $4. It's perfect!


This weekend we wash walls and ceiling and prepare for the painting. I can't wait. I'm going to leave you with the desktop wallpaper that has kept me in the mood for the past week:

Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment